Since its creation in 2001, NetBet's objective has always been to offer a high quality service to its customers so that they can focus on having as much fun as possible. NetBet is committed to providing customers with the best gaming experience possible. Our games all contain state-of-the-art digital graphics and sound effects so that players can immerse themselves in the thrilling adventure of gambling, just as if they were in a real casino.
As part of its dedication to being a reliable, fair, secure and honest operator, NetBet is also committed to Responsible Gambling, recognising that gambling can cause problems for a minority of individuals. As such, we offer players a wide range of tools, checks and measures to allow them to enjoy playing at our casino in a safe and manageable way. Please see the section Know your limits and take action! below.
Canadian and International law forbids internet users under the age of 18 from accessing online betting games. NetBet takes every possible measure to prevent minors from playing on its site. We also ensure that all advertising, sponsorship and promotional activity is not targeted at those under the age of 18. NetBet carries out strict age verification procedures, and reserves the right to request legal documents at any time to prove the identity and age of its users in order to ensure that site is not accessed by minors, to block banned players and to guarantee the identity of payment recipients. If you know someone under the age of 18 who has registered with us, please contact us immediately. We strongly advise that you limit the amount of time any minors in your care spend on the internet, and install parental control software. If a minor can gain access to a computer which contains gambling software, we advise that you install the following access control software in order to restrict minors from accessing the software:
- You do not allow minors unsupervised access to your computer when the casino software is running. Additionally, Make sure you set up a password for entry to the casino.
- You do not allow anyone under 18 years of age in your care to undertake any gambling related activity. Keep your username, password and bank card number out of the reach of minors.
- You educate your children about gambling laws and the potential damage that could arise from placing underage bets.
Unfortunately, no system is infallible, and some minors can still manage to circumvent our measures. If you are aware of any person under 18 who has a NetBet account, please inform Customer Service by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- You must protect your online account and access to the gaming software with a password. Please keep your personal information out of reach of minors, and never leave your gaming session open and unsupervised.
To play real money games, you should be in a balanced psychological and emotional state, in order to be able to think clearly and react in an appropriate manner. Gambling when under the consumption of alcohol or any other substances which could affect your mental state is very dangerous. For example, a player under the influence of alcohol is at a greater risk of not applying logic to a game (likelihood of losing) and also at a greater risk of becoming a compulsive gambler.
If you have - or have had, at any time in the past - problems with alcohol or other substances, we advise that you avoid playing games for money, and recommend that you seek professional advice. External pressures may also interfere with the enjoyable nature of playing games, such as playing the game in order to reach a certain social status or in order to integrate yourself into a social group. These are needless pressures which can be damaging in the short, medium and long term.
Gambling should remain a personal choice, which is made based on enjoyment. It should not be an obligation under any circumstances, nor should it be a compulsion as a result of any other influence. The time and money that you invest in gambling should never take precedence over, or interfere with, your family, professional or social commitments; impinge on your work or studies or on your family or parental responsibilities; damage your health or hinder other activities that are crucial to your well-being (for instance, fitness, a balanced diet and rest). It is important to set your priorities and know how to maintain a good physical, emotional and relationship balance, both for you and for those around you.
NetBet is aware that the majority of players know how to play in a controlled manner, but that a minority (around 2%), are compulsive gamblers. NetBet's goal is to help addicted players or those who display signs of being at risk of dependency, and to take appropriate measures to reduce the numbers of compulsive gamblers.
If you are in need personally, or if you know someone who is experiencing problems with excessive gambling, please don't hesitate to contact NetBet's Customer Support team.
To help you evaluate your behaviour, you can also ask yourself the following questions:
1. Have you taken time off work or your studies because of gambling?
2. Is gambling affecting your personal relationships (family, friends)?
3. Have you prioritised financing your gambling over financial responsibilities to your family?
4. Is gambling affecting your own health (problems with sleeping, self-neglect, isolation, depression, stress, behavioural difficulties)?
5. Have you felt remorse or regret after playing, or felt the need to go back to playing as soon as possible in order to win more money/make up your losses?
6. Have you played to repay debts or to make up a financial deficit?
7. Have you played beyond the financial and time limits that you had set for yourself?
8. Have you borrowed or sold something to finance your gambling?
9. Have you lied to your friends and family about your gambling?
10. Have you considered acting illegally in order to finance your gambling?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions above, we advise you to contact our Customer Support team immediately.